Potlatch Fund’s 2018 Capacity Building Cohort Program is a 10-month endeavor for grant award representatives to access professional development in Nonprofit Management, Language Preservation, or Native Arts. This is a very rigorous program and the decision to participate should not be made lightly.
All participants are asked to make their decision in conjunction with work load expectations and professional obligations, so please carefully read the Cohort Handbook.
Furthermore, the value of each cohort program is approximately $4,500 per person. To cover part of the expenses, a $500 cohort fee is charged. This is payable through the PayPal link below. Potlatch Fund will cover the remaining costs. Also, there are possible scholarship opportunities. Please contact us if you would like more information about a scholarship.
If you missed any of the Intro to Potlatch Fund Cohorts webinars, they can be found here:
• The Cohort Handbook is available as a downloadable PDF.
• You will also receive a copy of the handbook by email.
• Commitment to the cohort program is demonstrated by filling in and signing the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), which is found in the Cohort Handbook and also here as downloadable PDFs.
Nonprofit Management Cohort MOA
Language Preservation Cohort MOA
Native Arts Cohort - Individual Artist MOA
Native Arts Cohort - Arts Organization MOA
• The MOA must be signed by Potlatch Fund’s Capacity Building Program Director, the grantee’s Executive Director or Tribal Department’s Director, and the Individual Participant before the participant can become a cohort member.
• Then you must submit the MOA with the first payment installment ($75) to acknowledge the organization’s and the individual’s acceptance into the cohort.
Download the WINTER CONVENING AGENDA
• A $500 cohort fee is required and monthly installment payments are available.
• The Grantee organization pays $250 (five installments of $50)
• Individual participant pays $250 (nine installments: 7 of $25 and 2 of $37.50).
• Potlatch Fund may provide a partial scholarship- contact us directly for more information about this option.
• Checks are acceptable, but must be received by the dates indicated in the MOA.